Friday, March 18, 2011

NO More Uni-Brows


Ok I need you to WARN you BEFORE you read this post you might think this is weird, mean, funny or awesome. It will all depends on the kind of person you are, what your feelings are about waxing facial hair, if you even know what a uni brow is and if you ever notice uni brows. Ok so I am a Hairstylist and I have had 12 years of experience of waxing facial hair. I have a lovely older sister who has 3 beautiful children. March 16,2011 they all came to get haircuts. When they were all done and were getting ready to leave when my little sister came in to get her waxing done. Well being the curious little girl she is, my niece, asked if the waxing hurt. I responded "Well it only hurts for a second and it really isn't that bad, would you like to try it to see for yourself." Then my sister responded with a "Yeah, do you want to try it?" I was shocked! I didn't think she would of agreed to let her but I am glad she did. My niece decided she wanted to try it!! She is 8 might I remind you. So I explained it all to her, got her all prepped and then.... WAX... off with her head!! Just kidding!! Off with her UNI-Brow!!! YAY!! It looked great!! She jumped a little (Most people do on their first time. ) but she didn't cry or anything. I asked her how bad it hurt on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the worst) she said, " Like a 2, it didn't really hurt" YAY!! So,my nephew, her older brother was watching and asked her if it hurt. So I asked him," Do you want to try it too?" His mom said it was ok but he wasn't so convinced that it was ok for boys to get waxed. I told him,"Don't worry it's not girly to get waxed," and then listed off all of his uncles that had done it. So then he decided that he would try it. So off with his Uni-Brow!! 2 down and 1 more to go. Since we were all in the mood and I had time and my sister didn't seem to mind and said ,"Ok now it's my littlest niece's turn." I asked her" Do you want to get a PINK DOT (my wax is pink) TOO?" She didn't really know what a pink dot really was but she said yes cuz she likes Pink. My sister said it was ok so I went to town. ( I had been waiting for this day because she was born with her uni-brow) We go her all prepped and got the wax on her. She did so good and sat really still (which is a miracle because she is a 2 year old) then I ripped off the wax and I think I scared her more than anything but she jumped a little and then started to cry a little. We comforted her and showed her new look in the mirror and she stopped crying. She liked it. Well it is now official. I have waxed a 2 years old eyebrows (well just her uni-brow really.)You may think I'm crazy and I think it is a little crazy myself but it looks so much better. Now I don't know if I will continue to do this for them all but it was so fun!! Thanks Sister for your permission. And thank you to my nieces and nephew for allowing me to wax off those Uni-Brows. I love it!! Take a look for yourself.

Niece (2) So Cute but what the uni brow!!!

I put on the pink dot (wax) 2 Eyes = 2 Brows!!! YAY!!

These kids are so dang cute!!


Thanks for letting your Auntie Nat wax off your uni-brows!


I Love You!!!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

They look so great!!!!

Jana said...

haha Thanks for this post Nat! It cracked me up! Uni-gone!!! Adorable kiddos and good wax work :)

Lisa said...

This post made me laugh so hard.

Anonymous said...

I think you did this is a very healthy way to do this. Some parents get super obsessed about appearances at a young age, but unibrows aren't really socially accepted- especially by little kids looking for a reason to torment.